Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (Fupre)- A brief history
Nigeria, a country rich in crude oil with millions of barrels of crude being produced daily, has had a gap in knowledge between the resources exploitation and the people who have in-depth experience of the crude and it resources. The need to bridge this gap brought about the creation of the first University of petroleum in the country. More so, the Federal government thought it would be a welcomed initiative to develop a specialised university that produces the required expertise for the Niger Delta natives and other country citizens in the oil and gas sector. The Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) is located in delta state and is the only existing university of it’s kind in the country. This tertiary institution was established and approved by the nation’s federal executive council in a meeting held on the 14th of March, 2007. It subsequently became fully operational in 2008; admitting a few students. The university shared facilities with the Petroleum training institute until 2010, when it moved to its permanent campus at Ugbomro, in the Uvwie local government area of delta state.
Notably, the school is the first petroleum university in the whole of Africa and the sixth in the world and has earned a reputation for producing world-class students. The current Vice-chancellor of the school is Professor Akaehomen Okonigbon Akii Ibhadode
- Contact address:
Federal University of Petroleum Resources, P.M.B 1221 Effurun, Delta State, Nigeria
Fupre student portal
As a returning student of Fupre, log on to the fupre homepage and navigate to students portal, click and proceed to login with your details. Or click https://student.fupre.edu.ng
Fupre Post Utme
To be eligible for the fupre post utme, candidates must have chosen the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun as their first Choice in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and had a total score of 180 and above.
Candidates who have five (5) O’ Level credits at one or two sittings (including English Language and Mathematics) or are awaiting results which shall be released before the completion of the admission process are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for FUPRE Post UTME Form.
- Prospective candidates are obliged to pay a non-refundable screening fee of N2000
- Applicants are to proceed to the school’s website fupre.edu.ng
- Click on the link “Post-UTME Admission Screening Application”.
- Follow the registration instructions on the website.
Steps to get registered
- Candidates should scan and upload their recent coloured Passport size Photograph (taken on red background) of not more than 50KB in JPEG format in the space provided on the on-line registration form.
- A form without the described passport photograph as (described in 1. above) uploaded on it, will not be accepted. The uploaded Passport Photograph will be included in your valid I.D for throughout schooling in the University except in cases of loss of ID card.
- Ensure that the on-line forms are carefully filled, following ALL necessary instructions, as a recorded error may lead to complications.
- Ensure that you use a password that you can remember to enable you to access your result and confirm your admission status subsequently.
- You are advised to use functional e-mail addresses and Mobile Number to allow the University to contact you in the course of the Admission Exercise, whenever the need arises.
- Preview your online completed form and confirm that all informations are correct. After that, click the ‘SUBMIT’ button and print your confirmation page. Corrections are not allowed after submission.
FUPRE top 5 courses
In Fupre, all courses are tailored to petroleum and its resources. But there are courses in this school that can be likened to growth pole or hotspots. The courses are listed below, in no particular order
- Chemical engineering
- Marine engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering(Check out the top 7 low key firms where electrical engineers can work in Nigeria) (Check out the top 7 low key firms where electrical engineers can work in Nigeria)
Other courses offered include
- Computer science
- Environmental management and toxicology
- Mechanical engineering
Fupre admission. How to check admission list
- Proceed to the school’s homepage fupre.edu.ng
- Navigate through the website to utme or click this link https://fupre.edu.ng/utme/candidate/
- Enter your JAMB registration number
- Click on “Login” and proceed to view your admission status.
Fupre school fees
For new students –N80,000
Returning students (200-500) –N37,050;
Acceptance fee – N45,000
Field trip –N15,000
Accommodation – N30,000
Fupre cut off mark for admission
To be considered for admission, candidates must have scored 180 above in the UTME and at least 50 in the school’s Post UTME.
Fupre latest news. Where to find the latest news.
To obtain up-to-date information, about fupre, your best bet is to check on their website. Go through the homepage or navigate to the newsletter section. You can also always check back here.
Fupre recruitment 2018
To apply for the Fupre recruitment the candidate is required to possess
- A PhD degree, Masters Degree, B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any related discipline to job position from a recognized institution;
- The Ability to perform within the University System;
- Relevant publications and cognate teaching experience at university level or institution of comparable standard.
- Must have a good and practical knowledge of Computer applications.
- John Aina Ajibola has a Masters degree as an engineer and has over 3 years of teaching and research experience. He is happiest when on a bike and is also interested in electric energy and computer Science.