Brief history of Crutech
The Cross river university of technology was established in August 2002 by the cross river state government. It is a product of a merger of three former tertiary institutions (The Polytechnic, Calabar, the college of Education, Akamkpa and the Ibrahim Babangida College of Agriculture, Ovonum, Obubra) all owned by the cross river state government.
It was established to provide top tier training and enable a research environment for its students. It aims at equipping Nigerians of various backgrounds in all areas of technology. The university kick-started its operations in September 2002. Notably, emphasis is however placed on catchment areas of the university to enable the exploitation of the enormous natural resources for sustainable development of Cross river state. The university is a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal. this regard, no person shall be required to satisfy requirements as to race (including ethnic grouping), sex, place of birth, family origin, religious or political persuasion as a condition of becoming or continuing as a student, the holder of a degree or other awards of the university, or of appointment or employment at the university. In other words, no person shall be subjected to any disadvantage or accorded any disadvantage in relation to the university.
Crutech Address and Email
Address: No 17, Palace Road Off Abitu/New airport road anantigha, calabar, cross river state.
Postal address: P.M.B 1123, Calabar. Cross River State. Nigeria.
Phone: 07062048282; 08151118002; 08066462239; 08189351784
Admission enquiries: [email protected]
Crutech official website
The official website for Cross River State University of Technology is: http://www.crutech.edu.ng/
CRUTECH Courses and Requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- The candidate must have scored at least 200 in the year’s JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the Cross River State University of Science &Technology
Crutech Courses and Departments
The cross river state university (Check out the best State Universities in Nigeria) is not a conventional university. It specializes in the use of technological approach to teach courses.
Faculty of Engineering
Wood Technology Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Environmental science
Visual Arts Technology
Urban And Regional Planning
Faculty of communication technology
Language and Linguistic Science
Faculty of education
Department of Educational Foundations & Administration:
- Educational Administration and Planning
- Elementary Education
- Guidance and Counselling
Department of Curriculum and Instructional Technology:
- Agricultural Education
- Business Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Technical Education
Faculty of Basic Medical science
Faculty of Agriculture
Agricultural Economics and Management
Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
Animal Science and Fisheries
Soil Science and the Department of Forestry and Wildlife
Faculty of management Science
Hospitality and Tourism
Crutech admission: what are the requirements for UTME
- The admission requirement for UME candidates into the course is a minimum of five (5) ordinary level credit pass in West Africa Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSSC), General Certificate of Education (GCE) or the Nigerian Examination Council Ordinary level (NECO) in not more than two sitting. The credits passes must include English language, mathematic, and other three subjects that are related to the course or study.
- A pass in the Post-UTME that meets the departmental cut off mark determined by the university and post-UME screening test required
Crutech Direct entry
- Direct entry admission is based on a combination of ‘O’ level results with the following qualifications:
- G.C.E or HSC (‘A’ level two papers in physics, mathematics or chemistry)
- OND (Upper credit)
- HND (Upper credit)
- Candidates with qualification as (a) and (b) above may be admitted into 200 level and those with the qualifications as in (c) may be admitted into 300 level. All must meet the basic minimum requirement of 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subject as specified in (i) above.
Crutech School fees
- The range of school fees for fresh students is between N105,000 and N128,000
- N85,000 – N95,000 for returning students
- Non-indigene students are to pay N85,380, indigene-N73,380.
To Make Payments
- Generate a Student Payment Code
- Proceed to make payment (fresh men are required to pay the acceptance token before proceeding to pay the school fees)
- Returning students who haven’t paid previous fees are expected to pay old fees before paying for current session
- Click Login to get access to your student dashboard
The university currently has campuses in Calabar, Obubra, Ogoja and Okuku.
- John Aina Ajibola has a Masters degree as an engineer and has over 3 years of teaching and research experience. He is happiest when on a bike and is also interested in electric energy and computer Science.