According to Wikipedia, a cult is a social group that is defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or by its common interest in a particular personality, object, or goal. And according to the Oxford dictionary, a cult is a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.
Drawing from these definitions, it can be said that a cult is the gathering of people with the same beliefs, although some of these beliefs can be unusual to most of us.
But history has shown us that 9 out of 10 cults are bad and the members are highly protective of people who come in. We have seen bad things happen over and over because of cultism.
In this article, we are going to list out 43 common slangs among cultists so you can always be aware of the people around you.
This means, What’s up? What’s going on
A female Member of Vikings Confraternity
To tactically collect someone else’s phone and possession
7. Dodorima/ Dodos to you
Praises were given to a particular person based on something he did.
Originally used for the greetings with the clash of forearms
When the whole crew is going for an ambush
A member of a different Confraternity
A place a person not who is a member of the confraternity cant enter. Violating this can lead to serious consequences
Someone that is not a member of any Confraternity.
To forget about something
When Someone bleeps up
16. Jollification/ Jolly
Gathering of members for parties and initiation.
Concoction drink for initiation of new members
19. LP or Elpee
20. Moronto Mornica
22. Manover RBS
A person who is not a member of any cult, but cults want to initiate him. this can be done by request or by force.
25. Orientation (OT)
Knowledge about the movement
26. Obembe business
A cultist gathering where they share their monthly dues and allowance
27. Omila Squad
28. Odin Ship
when a cult member tells another this, it means to get me a condom. A lady should be very careful when they hear this phrase.
30. Panama jack
Where everybody lives freely
32. Ruff sea
Name given at initiation
It means not giving someone what belongs to them.
This is a code for Cutlass
Personal Girlfriend, the one they can ride for
To Hit someone till he bleeds
40. Throw Long rope
To seek more Knowledge.
41. Treasure hunting Zone
A location where a cultist can get money, either by begging or by force.
42. Wida You
Use your head
Popular cults in Nigeria and the slangs they use
Nigeria has seen numerous mentions and cases of cultism. Below is the list of some of the popular Cults in Nigeria and the slang they use.
Alora slangs and their meaning:
- Singing songs of Hojas
- Even in the face of death
- Never to hang a leg
- Blood on the high sea
Eiye slangs and their meaning:
- Discipline Brotherhood
- No Friend No Foe
Black axe confraternity slangs:
- Forgiveness is a sin
- Don’t betray your brother in the hood
- No fuck ups
- Obey before complain or Abeyance
- He who price must pay
- The Blackman will be freed with an axe
Buccaneer confraternity slangs and meaning
- Killing is not ruggedity (231)
Killing is not ruggedity or 231 means that to kill is not good. Graduating is ruggedity means graduating is good.
In cultism, no capping means no deceit of any kind to your fellow member. No betrayal, lying, stealing, and no disrespect.
A cultist orientation is an action in which existing members of a confraternity teach potential members their existing ideology and beliefs concerning everything about them.
What is the meaning of Wida you?
The meaning of Wida You is to use your head.
Which Confraternity is the strongest in Nigeria?
The National Associations of SeaLords /Buccaneers Confraternity and the Supreme Eiye Confraternity/Association of Air Lords
What is the meaning of hit in cultism?
It means the crew has been ambushed, or the crew is going for an ambush.
How do I know if my boyfriend is a cultist?
- His dress code: Cultists have a particular color they wear, especially when hanging out with friends.
- Body Marks: Cult often give marks to all their members, either mostly my razor, fire, knife, or a tattoo.
- Bullying: This is one thing that is common across many cults over the ones, the need to show that they have power over someone.
- Languages and communication: Cults members have special signs and slang they use to communicate with themselves to shield their intentions from people.
- Weapons: Most cult Members are known for carrying some kind of weapon to fight or defend themselves
What are the signs of cultism?
- They isolate themselves from people.
- members are penalized for leaving
- They oppose thoughts that are not in line with what they want.
- They have their special doctrines
- Seeking absolute loyalty to their leaders
- Most may undergo sexual impurity.
- Most practice horrific sacrifice
Hi, I'm Abraham, a software engineer and a writer. I have been a software engineer for 3 years and a Writer for 2 years. In the coming years, I hope to expand my knowledge in the IT sector by studying Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and being one of the best writers.
Some other things I love so much are photography and watching movies, and trust me, I have watched many movies.