The Nigeria postal service (NIPOST) is the agency charged with the transport and delivery of parcels, letters and other items sent from the international or domestic space. They provide online tracking and item tracing facility for both global and domestic post orders. Before the recent upgrades, everything about Nipost used to be very crude; however, they have recently upgraded their system to satisfy the modern technological trend in the mail operations of goods and delivery services. All the activities of this agency are overseen and controlled by the Federal government of Nigeria. They have functional offices in all states of the country with a general post office in each state capital and some other post offices in other local government areas of the state.
When you place an order through a shopping website, or you have a letter to send or receive, NIPOST tracking enables you to know the location of your parcel in real-time before it lands in its destination. This article is a guide on the way to track the ordered items after being shipped quickly online sent by a registered mail through the Nipost tracking service.
The Nigerian postal service Control the following services
- Nipost PostCash
- Courier Regulatory services
- Philatelic services
- Bulk post venture
- Business ventures
- Parcel post venture
- Nipost central workshop
How to use the Nipost Tracking Service
- Log on to the official portal of the Nigerian postal service through this link (nipost.gov.ng)
- Navigate to the “Tracks and confirm” section
- Click on the reference type of the post you intend to track (international parcel or Domestic items)
- Type the parcel’s tracking number into the box provided
- After filling in the tracking number, click submit to see the real-time location of your package.
Notably, parcels can be monitored after shipping by either the sender or recipient, once you have the tracking number. NIPOST has set up an SMS tracking channel that allows you to receive alerts about your order on your mobile phone. However, to activate this feature, enter your mobile number on the post tracking page after your order has been placed. It is free of charge.
Furthermore, the Nipost tracking system is updated real-time to communication the location and status of your parcels. Through this channel, you will be provided with the following information:
- The parcel booking time.
- The time of dispatch and point of travel through the various location on its journey.
- The expected time of delivery for travelling parcels and the delivery time for delivered orders
- The time of issuance of the delivery notice sent to the recipient.