Regulating the Physicians and Dental Surgeons in Nigeria can be traced back to thestatutoryindigenously provided for several functions.
The first allopathic doctors in Nigeria came from Portugal – this was sometime in 1472. Later in 1504, a hospital was developed by the Roman Catholic Mission at St. Thomas Island, close to the Bight of Benin.
Since then, doctors and surgeons were also shipped by the trans-Atlantic slave traders to attend to the health needs of both slaves and slavers.
Today, there are thousands of doctors and medical practitioners in Nigeria. And there are bodies that regulate the industry – the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) is one of them.
List of medical doctors in nigeria
The importance of doctors and other medical professionals in a country can never be underrated. They save lives. They hell patients recover from an illness faster.
There are many usefulness of doctors in our society.
In Nigeria, there are currently over 40,000 Medical Doctors – according to a study.
If you would like to check the list of medical doctors in Nigeria, visit Medical Doctor List.
Medical and dental council of nigeria address
The headquarters of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria is located in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
Address: Plot 1102, Cadastral Zone B11, Off Oladipo Diya Rd, near Prince and Princess Estate,Kaura District, Abuja.
Office open from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm daily.
Call them at 08106267970.
Email address: [email protected]
The Council also has several zonal offices across the nation.
The Lagos office is located at 147 Broad St, Lagos Island, LagosState.
Medical and dental council of nigeria annual practicing license
Renewing your annual MDCN license is simple.
Please follow the steps below to process the 2020/2021 annual license renewal:
- Generate your RRR numberby visiting remita.net.
- Next, clicking Pay FGN and State TSA.
- Click on the ‘Federal Government of Nigeria’ tab.
- Now fill the form with the details below:
- Name of MDA. Type in Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. Then click the code in the dialogue box.
- Name of Service/Purpose. Use Practicing Fee.
- Input 2021 practicing licence fee for description.
- Amount To Pay. Doctors and Dentist with less than 10 years of practice are to pay N10,000. It is N20,000 for those with more than 10 years of practice.
- GIFMIS code. 12020414 – this is the practicing fee code.
- Input your personal detailssuch as Full name,Phone number, and email address.
- Now key in the displayed code.
- Proceed to payment.
- Now, the RRR number for your will pop up. You can now proceed to make the payment with your card (if you want).
- You can also print out the invoice, or from your email and then proceed to make paymentat the bank.
- When your payment is successful, you will get a receipt and print. This can also be gotten from your email.
- Lastly, finish the info for your MDCN profile forthe year of the renewal.
Mdcn exam 2020
Successful candidates of the November 2020 assessment examination can now check their folio numbers and instructions about provisional registration process. They are available in documents. Download herefor quick access.
Also, the pass list of the MDCN exam written in November 2020 at the UCH Ibadan can be viewed here.
Medical and dental council of nigeria remita
The MDCN accepts all fees, payable either via the link Council’s web portal at portal.mdcn.gov.ng OR via the Remita payment platform at www.remita.net.
That’s the only methods of payment officially accepted for now.
Mdcn induction 2020
The MDCN Induction 2020 for foreign-trained graduates who were successful at the previous Assessment Examination has been scheduled as follows:
Date – 18 February, 2021.
1st Session:9amto 11 am.
2nd Session:12pm to 2pm.
3rd Session: 3pm to 5pm.
Venue -The MDCNSecretariat,KauraDistrict,Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
Mdcn exam 2020 registration
To register for the MDCN is simple. Follow the steps below:
Where you see CreateAccount, just click onthe ‘Doctor Registration’ tab.
Where you see Doctor’s Access, simple click on the ‘Register’ tab.
Next, type in your personal details to create an account.
Finally, you can get your Folio Number from the document assigned to you.
Mdcn contact number
You can always reach the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) via phone at 08106267970.
Daniel is a Digital Marketer and a Copywriter.
He is a member of the Association of Business Executives (UK).
On most days, he enjoys writing, soccer, and spending time with Nature.