A brief history of Futminna
The Federal University of Technology, Minna is a tertial institution set up by the federal government to bridge the gap in knowledge that had existed in the field of science and technology in time past. The university has courses that are centred on technological educations. This is evident in its motto, Technology for empowerment. The university campus is located along the Minna-Kataeregi-Bida Road. Futminna or FutMx as it is popularly called, was founded in the year 1983. The current Vice-chancellor of the university is Professor Abdullahi Bala.
Futminna Post UTME: what are the requirements
- Only UTME and DE candidates who selected the Federal University of Technology, Minna asthe First choice are eligible for the screening exercise.
- UTME candidates must have a minimum UTME score of 180, except for those courses for which higher cut-off marks have been indicated on the University website
Futminna portal/E-portal: How to access it and its use
The Futminna E-portal represents the interface that enables students (new or returnee) to access their information. Their update semester course forms, their results, their full bio-data can only be accessible through this portal. It allows for the creation of accounts, the change of password by students of the school. To access the Futminna portal/E-portalclick https://eportal.futminna.edu.ng/ or go to the institution’s homepage and navigate to E-portal.
Futminna Admission list
To check your admission status. Log on to the website of Futminna, navigate to E-portal. Enter your jamb registration number, and your name pops us if you are already given admission
This portal allows students of their results with their Student ID, which represents the username; and a password. To check your Futminna e-results, click this link; https://e-results.futminna.edu.ng/login_stu.php
Futminna admission: What Jamb and WAEC/NECO combination are required
All prospective candidates must have chosen Futminna as the first choice in their Jamb and score nothing less than 180
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ level credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to their proposed courses. Also, Direct Entry candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit at National Diploma or Higher National Diploma level(s) or Merit at NCE level
- UTME candidates that have met the minimum score of their chosen courses, but do not have the UTME or O’level subjects combination are eligible to change to any other course whose requirements are met by the candidates.
Futminna school fees
As a prospective student of Futminna, it is imperative to note that futminna releases a downloadable schedule of fees that contain the school fees amount and its consequent breakdown. However, for fresh students, the school fees for the 2019/2020 session was N61,200 and N61,200+$750.00 for international students. For the returning students N28,200.00 and international returning students, N28,200.00+$750.00.
Futminna postgraduate top 5 degrees
The Futminna school of postgraduate studies offers a lot of courses, however the most famous remains
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Cybersecurity science
Futminna Direct entry: how can I get admission
To obtain the DE form, you are required to pay a non-refundable fee of N2250 for the screening form. You are required to have graduated with at least an upper credit equivalent of 3.0 to apply for any the courses. You are required to write the mandatory post UTME of the school. The cut-off mark depends on the cumulative point of your post utme, polytechnic results and other factors.
Futminna top 5 courses
As earlier established, the curricula of this institution revolve around technology, so it expected that the top 5 courses would be related technological disciplines
- Mechatronics engineering
- Telecommunication engineering
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
Futminna cut off mark for admission
To be considered for this admission, the prospective candidate must have scored nothing less 180 in the UTME and a Post UTME score of 50, remember to improve your JAMB CBT scores with our 100% free cbt exams right here. However, for some engineering courses, the admission requirement is slightly higher, with a jamb score of 200 or higher. The post UTME cut off for these courses can also be set at about 60% depending on the number of applicants.
- John Aina Ajibola has a Masters degree as an engineer and has over 3 years of teaching and research experience. He is happiest when on a bike and is also interested in electric energy and computer Science.