With regards to budget, choice of channels and some other factors, DSTV has set up various bouquets to allow people with small budgets enjoy the best of entertainment. The plans have various stations handpicked to fit perfectly every viewer. Notably, DSTV has a lot of channels splitter into various categories, therefore, each plan is combination of all categories with varying number of channels. This article is a guide on all you need to know about DSTV, its channels, plans and prices and how to go about the subscription
|DSTV Bouquets/Plan||Prices (₦)||Number of Available channels|
All available channels on DSTV
This satellite has a lot of stations it airs. The categories of this stations vary largely to fit the choices of the ranges of viewers. There are also some radio stations present on the satellite. This is to ensure that any bouquet you will be subscribe to, you will get the value for your money.
|Entertainment and Movies||AfricaMagic World, M-Net Action, Lifetime Entertainment, AfricaMagic Hausa, M-Net Movies All Stars, AfricaMagic Yoruba, M-Net City, Studio Universal, AfricaMagic Igbo, Vuzu (SD/HD), Vuzu Amp (SD/HD), Turner Classic Movies, B4U Movies, Vox Africa, AfricaMagic Urban, Maisha Magic Bongo, Trybe, Universal Channel (SD/HD), ROK, Telemundo, Comedy Central, E! Entertainment Television, Galaxy TV, CBS Reality, BBC Brit, Discovery Family, FOX (SD/HD), Televista, Eva, Eva+, Galaxy TV, BET International, Maisha Magic East, FOX Life, Ebony Life TV, M-Net Movies Zone, Zee World, AfricaMagic Showcase, ITV Choice (SD/HD), Sony Entertainment Television, AfricaMagic Family, AfricaMagic Epic Movies, Sony Max, M-Net Movies Smile, M-Net Movies Action +|
|Documentary||Nat Geo Wild, National Geographic Channel, The History Channel, Discovery Channel (SD/HD), Crime Investigation Network|
|News||Arise News, Al Jazeera, Bloomberg Television, CNBC Africa, EuroNews, eTV Africa, BBC World News, CNC World, CNN International, SABC News, Sky News|
|Children||Disney Channel, Disney XD, Nickelodeon, Boomerang, NickTOONS, Disney Junior, JimJam, Mindset, Cbeebies, NickJr, Cartoon Network|
|Religion||IQRAA, Islam Channel, Emmanuel TV, TBN, TV Mundial, DayStar, Faith Broadcast Network, Eternal Word Television Network, Dove TV, Lumen Christi, Emmanuel TV|
|Music||Planet Radio TV, MTV Base, TRACE Mzik, Hip TV, Sound City, AFRO Music English, TRACE Naija|
|Specialist||CCTV Entertainment, CCTV 4, Jiantsu Television, RAI International, TV5 Monde Afrique, Shanghai Dragon TV, Phoenix News and Entertainment, RTP Internacional, Hunan TV, China Movie Channel|
|Local Channels||NTA I, Wazobia Max, Channels, AIT, MiTV, Adom TV, WAPTV, K24, Lagos TV, Joy News, Silverbird, NTA News 24|
|Sport||SuperSport Blitz, SuperSport 1, SuperSport 2, SuperSport 3 (HD/SD), SuperSport 5 (HD/SD), SuperSport 8, SuperSport 6, SuperSport 9, SuperSport 4 (HD/SD), SuperSport 7, SuperSport 11 (HD/SD), SuperSport 12 (HD/SD)|
|Lifestyle and Culture||Discovery IDx, Spice TV, Fashion One, BBC Lifestyle, Discovery TLC Entertainment, Food Network|
How to make DSTV subscription payment
The DSTV subscription has a cycle of a month validity. Although you can do a longer subscription of a month in as many folds as you would love or afford. You can check out all DSTV subscription plans here. To make DSTV Subscription payment, there are many ways to go about it, which include going to an agents office, internet banking, USSD, ATMs
- DSTV agents: there are assigned agents that attend to issues and enquiries about DSTV. You can walk into any of their shops or offices to renew your subscription. All that is needed is your DSTV smart card number and mobile number.
- Through ATMs: this is only possible on ATMs with quick teller features. Through the quick teller channel, you can select “Bills payment” and then click on DSTV, you are required to type in your DSTV smart card number to complete transactions.
- Mobile banking: almost all mobile banking applications in Nigeria have the utility/bills payment option. Through this feature, you can make payment for your DSTV subscription at the comfort of your home.
- USSD: Simply dial your bank USSD code and select the option of bills payment. It is quite an easy process. Very similar to the buying of airtime through USSD code.
How to check DSTV subscription
How to check through SMS
- How to via SMS; simply send “bal”, leave a space and type in the DSTV smart card number to 30333
- A message alert is sent to your mobile
How to check the DSTV subscription through official website
- Visit easy.dstv.com
- Log in to Witt your DSTV smart card number and phone number
- Locate and click “account:
- Your DSTV subscription validity is displayed on the screen
How to check DSTV subscription through mobile app
- Launch the DSTV app
- Log in with your smart card number and mobile number
- Select account and the account info containing subscription detail is displayed on the screen.
How to activate DSTV subscription after payment
At times, after subscription payment, you will still have an error code being displaced on your TV screen. In this case, you need to activate your DSTV subscription. To do this, send your smart card number with the code RA before the number to the DSTV self-service number; 30330
How to pay for DSTV online subscription
To further ease the stress of subscription payment, an avenue to pay through the official website has been set up.
- Visit the DSTV official website
- Navigate and select your location (country) and provide the smart card number for verification
- Select verify.
- After verification, you are required to select a bouquet
- A summary of all your details and choice is presented to you.
- You will be required to pay through the eTranzact platform
- Fill in your bank account details
- Click on pay
- A 6-digit code is sent to you. After filling in the code. Dial *389*00# with the registered mobile number, an OTP is sent to your mobile to confirm the transaction.