PPPRA. Background info and what they do.
The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) is a Nigerian agency controlled by the government.
It was established in 2003 in order to monitor and regulate the distribution and supply of petroleum products. Also, this agency is responsible for determining the prices of petroleum products in Nigeria. The headquarters of PPPRA is in Abuja, Nigeria.
A team of thirty-four strong committee was set up by the government in August 2002. This special committee was to look into the challenges of the downstream petroleum sector – these beset the numerous issues unbecoming of the country, one of the largest producers of oil in the world.
In October 2002, the committee submitted a report and also a Presidential Technical Campaign Committee for the liberalisation of the downstream sector was set up – this was led by Engineer Funsho Kupolokun. It began the sensitisation of Nigerians on why the downstream petroleum industry should be deregulated.
The project was a success. After this success, the committee also found a need for a price regulation agency. This was finally achieved as law of the PPPRA bill was made. A very effective bill.
Seekers of employment can always find jobs at the PPPRA recruitment portal: www.pppra.gov.ng.
Requirements for PPPRA recruitment
For you to secure a job with PPPRA, you will need to be either a Master Degree or Bachelor holder in other relevant discipline in the quantitative field.
Holders of Higher National Diploma in relevant discipline can also apply. Especially those in the quantitative field, with Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft office, Web Applications, and competent in the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service. This would be an added advantage.
Please take note of this:
– Have your necessary credentials in place.
– Make sure you scan and upload your credentials on www.pppra.gov.ng.
– DPR shortlisted candidates will be published soon later.
– Don’t pay anyone who claims to help you get a job at PPPRA. Do that at your own risk.
PPPRA Nigeria address
PPPRA is right beside the Abuja National mosque and it is in close proximity to the NNPC. In fact, you can see the federal civil service secretariat from the 4th or 5th floor of the PPPRA.
Physical address: :Plot 1012 Cadastral Zone A00, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.
The do opens on Monday to Friday, from 8AM.
You can contact them on phone via:
+234 9 290 0358.
The PPPRA salary structure could vary, depending on your position in the company. But the basic salary could begin from N190,000.
Some years ago, a breakdown of the profile of the monitoring body revealed these:
– Basic salary: N2,167,702,293.
– Regular allowances: N2,130,836,029.
– Non regular allowances: N1,153,044,623.
– NHIS: N113,874723.
– Pension: N160,462,867.
The total was reported to be N5,725,920,535.
PPPRA Executive Secretary
As of the moment, Executive Secretary PPPRA is Abdulkadir Saidu Umar. He has been the Executive Secretary of this agency since 2018 till date. The previous Chief Executives are Dr. Oluwole Oluleye (2003 – 2009). Mr. Abiodun Ibikunle took over, from 2009 – 2011. Engineer Goody Chike Egbuji was in charge in 2011 and resigned the same year. Dr. Reginald Stanley reigned from 2011 to 2014. Mr. Farouk Ahmed took over in 2014 to 2016. And finally, Mrs. Sotonye E. Iyoyo was in charge from 2016 to 2018.
PPPRA Recruitment 2017
To participate in the PPPRA recruitment 2017, please kindly follow the guidelines below:
– A scanned copy of your passport photograph.
– You need B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a well recognized institution.
– You must not be above 35years old.
– Scanned copy of certificates (NYSC Discharge/Exemption certificate, and Higher Institution Certificates).
– WAEC Certificate, with credits in not less than three subjects. This must include English and at least passes in two other subjects.
You can proceed application at: www.pppra.gov.ng.
PPPRA Recruitment 2018
Here is how you can apply for PPPRA recruitment 2018. Simply follow the guidelines below to apply:
– Scan one copy of your passport photograph.
– You need B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a reputable institution.
– You must not be above 35years old.
– Scan a copy of these certificates (NYSC Discharge/Exemption certificate and Higher Institution Certificates).
– Your WAEC Certificate with credits in not less than three subjects. It should include English and at least passes in two other subjects.
PPPRA Pricing Template
The PPPRA pricing template (daily and monthly) is a sheet of pricing information that shows the components used for deriving the PPPRA daily and monthly that guides the prices of products.
You can have access to the pricing template here: www.pppra.gov.ng/pricing-templates.
Check out the top oil porducing states in nigeria in barrels per day.
- John Aina Ajibola has a Masters degree as an engineer and has over 3 years of teaching and research experience. He is happiest when on a bike and is also interested in electric energy and computer Science.
- World2023.11.24How kings were coronated in the Kushite kingdom
- World2023.11.24Exploring Human Origin: Oxford Study Points to Sudan in Africa
- World2023.11.22Unraveling Stereotypes about Africa: Challenging Historical Narratives
- World2023.11.22Juan Garrido: Unveiling the Forgotten Legacy and Achievement of the Black Conquistador