Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Abuja electricity distribution company (AEDC)

aedc abuja

Aedc

Founded in 1997, the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) is one of the eleven power distribution companies in Nigeria that are being privatized.

The KANN Utility Ltd. has up to 60% equity in Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, while the Federal Government holds the remaining 40%.

The power distribution company has a franchise used for the sales and distribution of electricity in Abuja, Kogi State, Niger State, and Nassarawa State (across an area of over 133,000 km2).

AEDC is currently ranked number 4 among the 11 power distribution companies in Nigeria – based on power distributed and purchased.

Also, the AEDC is responsible for the maintenance and ownership of the distribution networks as well as the supporting equipment within the areas it’s being franchised.

The power manages meter installations, coordinates revenue collection and consumer credit, and provides servicing and billing.

Abuja electricity distribution company

Presently, the AEDC is within twenty-six geographic business units plus two undertakings. Also, it is cognizant to the maintenance of the quality of power according to the current power registrations in Nigeria introduced by NERC in its Customer Service Standards of Performance, and also the standards internationally accepted. For this reason, AEDC has plans to improve the quality of power supply as well as technical efficiency by investing in the network. This reduces electrical losses.

Aedc abuja

AEDC Abuja is a power distribution company in Nigeria.

The power distribution company has a franchise used for the sales and distribution of electricity in Abuja, Kogi State, Niger State, and Nassarawa State (across an area of over 133,000 km2).

The KANN Utility Ltd. has up to 60% equity in Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, while the Federal Government holds the remaining 40%.

Aedc website

If you would like to know more about the services rendered by AEDC or get its latest updates, you can always find them on its website. Kindly visit: www.abujaelectricity.com.

You can also connect with the company via social media:

Facebook: @abujaelectricity.

Instagram: @aedcelectricity.

Twitter: @aedcelectricity.

Aedc recharge

It is easy to recharge the AEDC meter. The meter is received electricity from the AEDC which you can then use at home or office.

This prepaid meter can be topped-up through different methods, online and offline.

Things you need:

  • MasterCard or Visa card (this is for online payment).
  • A phone number to receive your meter token code.
  • An internet-enabled device. Laptop, smartphone, or desktop.
  • The meter number – on your prepaid meter.
  • Email address.

Once you have all these ready, go to the payment page here: https://www.abujaelectricity.com/pay-online.

 www.abujaelectricity.com

For online payment, the kallak power service, customer care, and support, other services, and latest updates, you can always check on the website of AEDC. Please visit www.abujaelectricity.com.

aedc logo

Aedc customer care

Whenever you need to get in touch with AEDC, you can always contact their customer care.

Call: 08152151515, 08152141414, or 08039070070.

You can also send an email to [email protected]

Reach them on social media via:

Instagram : @aedcelectricity.

Twitter: @aedcelectricity.

Facebook: @abujaelectricity.

Website live chat: www.abujaelectricity.com.

Aedc meter application

Are you ready to get your prepaid meter from the AEDC? You can apply today.

To begin, please visit www.abujaelectricity.com/application-guide.

Aedc prepaid meter

Follow the steps below to get the AEDC prepaid meter:

Step 1.

To begin, visit the website of AEDC here: www.abujaelectricity.com.

Step 2.

When you get to the website, fill in the requested details regarding the prepaid meter.

That’s it.

Once you have applied for the prepaid meter, your home/office will be visited in order to perform some site verification. This will help them determine the type of meter you will need.

After this, you will receive an SMS or email for payment instructions regarding your meter.

You will then proceed to make payment. Delivery is within 10 working days after the payment.

When your prepaid meter is installed, you are to sign up for instant energy at https://app.instantenergy.com.ng/signup. This allows you to purchase energy units that you will use for the prepaid meter.

Abuja electricity

Abuja Electricity is one of the eleven power distribution companies in Nigeria. It is also a private company.

Aedc payment

There are different methods of payment provided by AEDC. The fastest are online options. To pay online, please use this link: AEDC Payment.

Abuja electricity distribution company recruitment

Would you like to work at the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC)? There are always vacancies you can fit into. Please check here for more details: AEDC Recruitment.

Was This Article Helpful?

0 Comments

There are no comments yet

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Knowledge Base

Abuja electricity distribution company (AEDC)

Read: 3 min