Brief history and Overview of Unical
The University of Calabar is a federal university situated in calabar, the capital of Cross river state. It was a campus of the University of Nigeria until 1975 when it became autonomous. It was established to serve mankind with knowledge. The Vice Chancellor is Prof. Zana I. Akpagu. Prof. Florence Obi is the deputy vice Chancellor academic and Prof. Ndifreke Udonwa is the deputy vice chancellor administration.
The Male students of the university are called the Malabites, while their female counterparts are the Malabresses. This was a result of challenges faced by the students at a time which coincided with the suffering experienced in Malabo by Nigerian deportees from Equatorial Guinea (whose capital is Malabo) at the time.
The University has one Graduate School, ten Faculties, and three Institutes. These are: The Faculties of Agriculture, Arts, Education, Law, Management Sciences, Sciences, Social Sciences, Allied Medical Sciences, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Institute of Education, Institute of Oceanography and Institute of Policy and Administrative Studies.
Academic programmes of the University aim at laying a sound and broad undergraduate foundation upon which further intellectual and professional pursuits can be based at the Graduate school level.
Telephone : +234 705 689 1371
Mail: [email protected]
P.O box: University of Calabar, Etagbor, PMB 1115 Calabar 2018
The is the official homepage of the University of calabar. https://www.unical.edu.ng/
Unical latest news today
To obtain latest information as regards schooling and other academic operations, log on to the page and navigate to ‘events’ or ‘latest news’. Or simply click this link: https://www.unical.edu.ng/news
University of Calabar student portal
UNICAL Acceptance Fee Payment Procedure
UNICAL newly admitted candidates are expected to pay a non-refundable Acceptance Fee of Twenty-Five Thousand Naira (#25,000.00) only, using the approved payment mode below:
- Walk into any Commercial Bank nationwide
- Make payment for University of Calabar acceptance fee payment on E-tranzact.
- Collect an E-tranzact printout from the bank.
- Log on to myunical.edu.ng
- Click on Acceptance Fee Payment or myunical.edu.ng /acceptance
- Type your Jamb registration number/ CES form number, Phone number and the confirmation order number on the E-tranzact printout from the bank to generate your acceptance fee receipt.
- Printout your acceptance fees receipt.
- Proceed to your department for screening before payment of school fees.
Steps On How To Pay UNICAL Fees
- Students (Fresh and Returning students) should log on to the portal with their Registration Number or Matric Number
- Generate and Print Bill
- Check the list of Banks for payment according to programme of study
- Go to the bank and make payment on e-Transact Platform
- Collect bank payment slip which contain payment details and confirmation order number
- Go back to the portal to log on with your Registration Number or Matric Number
- Then input your BILL NUMBER (located on your bill) on the next page to enable you gain access to the portal
Summary Of 2018/2019 School Charges for Undergraduate Students
|S/N||NATURE OF STUDENTS PER SESSION REMARKS||PER SESSION|
MB Bch Students
MB Bch Students
Final Year Students
MB Bch Students
How to Check UNICAL Admission list
The admission list of the University of calabar is released in batches based on merit. Notably, a notice is displayed on the page via newsletters on the status of admission for the academic year. For instance, the admission list for the 2016/17 academic session. This will enable all prospective candidates for that year to access their admission status.
- Log on to the Unical admission status checking portal: https://myunical.edu.ng/post-utme/check-admission.aspx
- Supply your Jamb registration number in the box provided on the page
- Click on login to access your undergraduate admission status
- Candidates whose names appear on this list are please advised to login to JAMB portal to either ACCEPT or REJECT their admission offers within 72 hours from the date of this publication, failure which the admission may be REVERSED.
- Those YET-TO-BE admitted and whose scores fall within the approved cut-off mark with the required subject combination are advised to check the school portal regularly to know their admissions status..
Unical Undergraduate fees schedule
The University of calabar school fees for each session is subjected to the review and decision of the university’s Senate. It can be easily located on the Unical student portal. However, to have an idea and scope for the price range of unical undergraduate school feels, the 2019/2020 schedule of fees is attached to this article. To check, follow this link; https://myunical.edu.ng/fee.aspx
The Unical school of post graduate studies is often called the graduate school. It is a section of the school focused on advanced learning and improvement. It aims at creating an enabling environment for academic growth and learning.
Post graduate portal: https://unicalonline.edu.ng/
Schedule of fees: this can be downloaded on the Unical post graduate portal. The latest schedule of fees in 2020 is embedded in this link: https://unicalonline.edu.ng/pdf/fees-pg.pdf
In a bid to ease up the process of obtaining academic transcripts, Unical has a portal designated for this purpose. The Unical transcript can be obtained via this portal: https://transcript.unical.edu.ng/