Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria offers different kinds of programmes. These programmes range from diploma, certificate programmes, and undergraduate to postgraduate programmes.
Now the admission list is out if you chose ABU Zaria as one of your options, this post will help you know more about this prestigious university.
1. ABU Zaria Admission Portal
The e-portal of Ahmadu Bello University has many functions. Here, you can check your admission status and other vital information you will be needing.
The admission portal is often used for publishing details that are important for candidates.
To check your admission status, you need to visit the e-portal page.
According to ABU Zaria, successful candidates are required to upload their O’Level results (on the JAMB portal). The e-portal also offers information regarding changes in courses offered – that is, for those who have been offered different courses which are not their choice.
A candidate can always check here for other information such as date of academic resumption. To access the ABU Zaria admission portal and see if you are admitted; kindly visit the link here .
2. Everything you need to know about ABU Zaria Post UTME (PUTME)
Conditions for writing ABU post UTME
- The ABU Zaria post UTME screening is usually only available to candidates who have scored above 180 in jamb.
- Students who had chosen ABU as their first choice are the ones who can write the PUTME.
How Can I apply to ABU’s post UTME screening
If you meet the above conditions, you need to ensure that you register for post UTME on the link [https://putme.abu.edu.ng/] before the deadline for post UTME screening. For the 2019/2020 academic session, this deadline was from 29th July to 24th August. So, you should expect ABU to stick to a similar time. You are also mandated to pay 2000 naira for their CBT styled screening. Details about payment via remita will be outlined in the link https://putme.abu.edu.ng/]. Explain.com.ng has a free CBT screening for you that you can find on this link[.
Expected conduct during ABU’s post UTME
- Bring ONLY jamb calculator
- NO phones are any electronic devices will be allowed into the exam hall
- Parents or guidance should stay away from the exam venue
- Pay only to the approved remita platform.
- You are expected to keep photocopies of all submitted documents.
- If you do not write post UTME, you cannot be admitted to ABU.
ABU Zaria post UTME for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 [A timeline]
The 2015/2016 Post UTME was done via CBT screening. Registration for the screening commenced on Monday 03/08/2015 to Saturday 22/08/2015. Only people who chose ABU as their first choice and who scored above 180 in jamb were allowed to write the exam.
For the 2016/2017 academic session, candidates for PUTME screening were required to pay 2500 naira via remita. The screening was held between Monday, 5th – Saturday 17th September 2016.
For the 2017/2018 academic session, the post-utme result for ABU Zaria was released in the month of October. Candidates were required to check their scores on this portal http://putme.abu.edu.ng/. A similar timeline was also used for the 2018/2019 academic session. At this point, we can fairly predict how ABU usually carry out their post utme screening.
The 2019/2020 PUTME screening result was released between the months of August and September. Candidates for 2020/2021 academic session should note this timeline is when they will be able to check their post UTME results for free online.
How to check your ABU post UTME result for free
- Visit this link http://putme.abu.edu.ng/
- Enter your JAMB registration number
- Choose your state of origin
- Click login. Your result will be displayed on the screen.
3. ABU Zaria Admission List
You don’t have to stress yourself to find your name among those offered admission by ABU Zaria. You will get easy access to their admission list, often published weeks after the post UTME screening exam.
Candidates offered admission by the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, for degree programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session can be found right here.
4. How can I check my name on ABU Admission List?
The steps are simple. Follow the guide below:
- Visit the admission portal by using this URL: https://putme.abu.edu.ng/index.php.
- Input your JAMB registration number.
- Click “Search”. This will show you your ABU admission status.
If you are successful, you need to upload your O’Level results on the JAMB portal. Also, in case you are offered a different course from what you applied for, you need to change the new course you have been offered on the JAMB portal. This is very important.
Finally, you have to check the JAMB CAPS portal. Here, you will simply ACCEPT or REJECT the offer. Shortly after you have been offered admission, you will receive admission letters with some details relating to resumption.
An Alternative Option
If you don’t want to use this option, you can attain your ABU admission status via JAMB’s admission status portal. With it, you can check your admission status. Follow the steps below to use the JAMB admission status portal:
- Visit www.jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Login with your username and password.
- Locate and click on the tab “Check Admission Status”.
- Now, select Exam Year, then type your registration number.
- Click on CHECK ADMISSION STATUS. Now you can access your ABU admission status.
5. ABU Zaria Postgraduate School
Ahmadu Bello University offers postgraduate programmes at various levels, such as PGD, Masters, M.Phil, and Ph.D. If you would like to go for any of these programs, you can obtain the ABU pg form.
Requirements for entry
You can download the general requirements for ABU’s postgraduate programmes here. ABU has already given a detailed guide, we don’t need to repeat the same information here.
Some of the postgraduate programmes offered by ABU demands that candidates write various examinations before entry. Dates and venues are often communicated when needed. For inquiries and how to get the ABU PG form, here is an email you can send your messages to: email@example.com .
6. ABU Zaria Postgraduate School Fees
Below is the break down of school fees for 2019/2020 schedule.
a. Acceptance fee
- Sciences cost N50,000. For PGD and Social/Management Sciences, cost is also N50,000.
b. Registration fee
- It is N25,000 for all departments.
c. Main tuition fee
- ABU Zaria postgraduate school fees range from N150,000 to N250,000 with PGD being the lowest and Sciences the highest.
d. Computer Science
The cost here is up to 30,000 for all departments.
e. Health Care
Postgraduate school fees for Sciences is N25,000, same for PGD and Social/Management Sciences (Masters Degree).
f. For developmental levy, it is N100,000 for PGD. Cost is the same for other departments.
g. Examination fee
PGD Levy is N30,000. Sciences Levy is N30,000 and the same for Social and Management Sciences, Masters Degree.
h. For Games and Sports Levy, the cost is 20,000 (all programs).
Finally, this is the total cost of ABU Zaria Postgraduate school fees:
- Social and Management Science Programmes (Masters Degree) costs N455,000.
- For Post Graduate Diploma Programmes (PGD), it costs N405,000.
- Sciences cost N510,000.