Nigerian Law School posting. Why do people go the the law School?
Upon completion of the five years study of Bachelor in Law (LLB), LLB graduates will proceed to the Nigerian Law School where they will be taught the practice of the law. They cannot practice law in Nigeria except going through the law school as it is the institution where LLB graduates will be taught the practical aspect of the law and the kind of law practiced in Nigeria.
Nigerian Law school schedule of fees
Although the Nigerian law school fees may vary, this is the standard plan for the 2019/2020 academic session stood at N295,000. It is reviewed based on the discretion of the Nigerian law school.
Nigerian Law School Academic Calendar for 2020
The Nigerian Law School Academic Calendar runs for three terms. There is a post-examination activity that is determined and revised by institution management.
- 1st Term – 5 weeks
- 2nd Term – 14 weeks
- 3rd Term – 8 weeks
- Post Examination Activities
Nigerian Law School addresses and campus nationwide
- Abuja Headquarters – Nigerian Law School, P.M.B 170, Garki, Abuja
- Lagos Campus – Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12610, Lagos
- Enugu Campus – Agbani, Enugu
- Yola Campus – Wuro Hausa, Yola
- Bayelsa Campus – Agudama-Epie, Yenegoa, Bayelsa
- Kano Campus – Nigerian Law School, Kano Campus, P.M.B. 3568, Jos Road, Kano
How to check the admission list of Nigerian law school
- To check your admissions status through this link https://www.geo6loya.com.ng/admin/BarII2020CheckStatus.html
- Input your application number and select your University
- Navigate to “submit.”
Nigerian law school resit 2020
In the case of failing a paper or all papers, a resit is required. The date for the respite is communicated with the prospective candidate through the media space. The affected candidates could also contact the Exams and Records Unit to register for the examinations
Notable requirements for resit
- A mandatory revision class will be taken. Only candidates with 80% attendance are considered for examination
- Candidates with only a single subject to write may choose to skip the revision classes
- Registration fees must be paid to the account of the council of legal education on the remita gateway, at any bank or through electronic transfer in this format
- Name of account: Council of legal education
- Name of service/description: Resit examination
- Payers full name
- Candidates are required to submit hard copies of the following to the office of the secretary to the council and director of administration, Nigerian Law School, Bwari-Abuja
- Two (2) copies of the online registration form
- Two (2) copies of the printout of the bar result (most recent attempt)
- Four (4) passport photographs
To check the Nigerian Law School Resit Result online
- Visit the official website https://www.geo6loya.com.ng/ER19.html
- Then navigate to the website and click on ‘Bar II Exams’
- You will see various options which you will have a choice to choose a category in which you want to check your result which includes;
- Bar final year results
- Bar Finals resit results
- Choose the category you fall into. Automatically you will be redirected to enter your Nigerian Law School Examination Number and surname
- Finally, click ‘Submit’. Your result will display
Note: Ensure you note your screening and call to bar dates to avoid missing out.
Nigerian law school entry requirements
To become enrolled, in the Nigerian law school, some essential criteria and requirements needed. They include:
- You must be a graduate of law from a recognized university in Nigeria or from other common law countries.
- All foreign graduates must apply for the Bar Part 1 programme. When this is done, they can apply for the Bar Part 11.
Your application must be accompanied with the following documents;
- Law Degree Certificate: A photocopy of qualifying degree certificate (A degree law or a Mixed Degree in Law of a University in a Common Law country whose course of study is approved by the Council of Legal Education. Where the Degree is obtained from a University in the United States of America, the Law School must be accredited to the Association of American Law Schools or the American Bar Association).
- Academic Transcript: The Registrar or Academic Dean of your university in your request will forward directly the transcript of your qualifying degree showing the subjects taken and the grade obtained in each subject to the school. The transcript is to be signed by the Registrar.
Note that degrees obtained through long-distance learning or study as an external student is not recognized for admission to this program.
Nigerian law school portal: the official website
Nigerian law school application: what is the admission process into the Nigeria law school
- Interested candidates are to visit the Nigerian Law School Website: nigerianlawschool.edu.ng to read and strictly follow the instructions to complete the application form.
- Click on Admissions and select Part I.
- Follow the steps, complete and submit the online application form.
- Print a copy of your submitted online form and execute the jurat (form to be returned to the Council of Legal Education).
- Download and print blank copies of Forms B, B1 & B2.
- Submit Form B (Faculty Ref. Form) to the Dean of your Law Faculty, who is to complete Form B, and return to the Law School.
- Download copies of Employer’s Reference, Forms B1 and Letter of Release. Form B2 is to be completed by the applicant’s employer if he/she has been in regular employment for not less than one year immediately preceding the time of application, and in any other case by his/her employer to whom he/she has given at least one year of continuous service, and forwarded as indicated in the form.
The application/registration to the Nigerian Law School process is free.
Nigerian Law school: how to get in?
Upon successful registration, visit the Nigerian Law School portal here www.nigerianlawschool.edu.ng.
- Click on “Bar Result”.
- Click on “check result” in the next page displayed.
- You will be required to fill in your exam number and surname.
- Your result will be displayed.
Nigerian Law school contact