A brief overview of the Lagos business school
Lagos Business School (LBS) is the graduate business school of the Pan-Atlantic University. LBS offer academic programmes and short, focused programmes in management that have been ranked among the best in Africa.
The LBS was established in 1991 and has collaborated with other business schools in Africa and around the world on programmes to develop responsible business leaders for Africa and the world.
LBS is a member of the Association of African Business Schools (AABS), the Global Business School Network (GBSN), the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) and AACSB International – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Lagos business school MBA Programme
LBS activities over the years have focused on developing responsible leaders for Africa and the world. The school teaches in details about the economy, market trends and critical thinking. They offer full-time MBA which provides the opportunity to gain managerial skills and competencies required to jump-start career or start a business in an emerging economy.
LBS announced the launch of its part-time MBA program on the 8th of April 2019. It is designed to equip participants with a thorough knowledge of main business disciplines. Additionally, train them on basic analytical competence practices and improve their problem-solving capabilities.
Lagos business school Fees: the Lagos business school fees are made available on their official website. It is reviewed for change every session. The current price stands N2,511,630 per session to run a two sessions program at the Lagos business school. This covers tuition fees & course materials which can be paid in six instalments each semester. It should be noted that the cost does not include accommodation and other charges. The LBS fees are subject to review without notice.
|Full-Time MBA||1st Session||2nd Session||Total|
|GMAT||$250 (2016)||Visit www.mba.com for details|
|Or GRE||$205 (2016)||Visit www.ets.org for details|
Lagos business school Ranking
Owing to its knack for excellence, LBS has been ranked among the top business schools in West Africa, Africa and Worldwide. It has earned a place at the top of the ranking first 13 consecutive years. It has been ranked every year since 2007 by the Financial Times of London among the top 70 business schools in the world in the area of open-enrollment executive education (2007-2018) and custom executive education (2015-2018). LBS is one of only four schools in Africa to appear on the list.
Lagos business school Logo
Lagos business school Entry Requirements
Lagos business school, like every other institution, has its admission requirements, which every interested applicant must meet before they are admitted. To be considered for admission, you will have to meet all the following requirements:
- Five credit passes including English and Mathematics at the Ordinary Level for Anglophone applicants
- A minimum of a second-class lower university degree from a recognized university
- A minimum of three year’s post-qualification work experience
- A competitive NMAT or the GMAT or the GRE score.
- A demonstrated intellectual capacity, professionalism, maturity and effective decision-making and problem-solving potentials assessed during an interview
Lagos Business School Application Documents
- A completed application form
- Three reference forms (these may also be sent directly by the referees)
- Copies of O’Level and university degree certificates (statements of results are acceptable)
- Official transcripts sent after you have been admitted (these may be sent directly by your former school)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the NYSC certificate or letter of exemption (for Nigerians only)
- A passport photograph
Courses for 2020, 2019 & 2018
LBS has a defined course system it offers. Its curriculum is centred on business practices and related disciplines. This curriculum constitutes Executive Education, Management, Doctoral, Executive MBA and Full-Time LBS MBA programmes.
- Academic Programmes which include the Full-Time MBA and the Modular Executive MBA.
- Executive Education which includes Advanced Management Programme, Agribusiness Management Programme, Chief Executive Programme, Customized Programmes, Management Acceleration Programme, Open Seminars, and Owner Management Programme.
Below are the short courses available at LBS according to their modules:
Personal Effectiveness and Working Group Module
- Business Games
- Communication & Project Management
- Team Building
The Decision Making Consideration & Business Integration Module
- Analysis of Business Problems
- Economic Analysis
- Social-Political Environment of Business and Business Policy
The Basic Management Disciplines Modules
- Corporate Financial Accounting and Cost Management Accounting
- Human Resources
- Management Information System
The Elective Module Business
- Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Management & Leadership Skills
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Managing the Health of Executives
- Social Skills for Business Performance
- Oral Presentation Skills
- Organizational Diplomacy
- Work-Life Balance
Lagos business school Lekki/Ajah Address
The Lagos Business School is located within the premises of Pan-African University, which is located at Km 22, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos. According to the information provided on the Lagos Business School website, over 92 per cent of its MBA graduates get jobs within one year after graduation with top companies both within and outside Nigeria.