All GTB related questions and detailed answers
GTBank is one of the leading financial institutions in Nigeria that offers various types of services ranging from retail banking, internet/online banking platform, investment banking, and corporate banking. It has its head office located in Victoria Island, Lagos.
In this article, I will be sharing with you various means of transacting on the GTBank platforms.
How to check GTB/GTBank account balance
There are 2 basic ways for GTBank account holders can use to check their account balance. They include:
- Internet Banking Platform
- Mobile Banking / USSD code
Internet Banking Platform
You can check your Gtbank account balance using internet banking through these steps:
- Ensure you log in to your internet platform
- Then click on the ‘‘check my account balance’’ icon
- Afterward, your account balance will be displayed on the screen
Mobile Banking / USSD Code
GTBank account holders can check their account balance with their mobile phones using these following steps:
- Simply dial *737*6*1# from the sim card registered/linked with GTBank
- Secondly, enter the last four digit of your ATM (Automated Teller Machine) card number
- Your account balance will be shown on your phone screen with the account number
This service doesn’t require internet access or data to be able to perform it.
Also, by sending an SMS from the phone number linked to your GTB account in this format: Bal (SPACE) Account Number to this number (08076665555)
I.e., BAL 0987654321 to 08076665555. Instantly you will receive your account balance as an SMS to your phone number.
With the listed steps above GTBank, account holders can check their account balance on GTB/GTBank.
How to transfer money from GTB/GTBank
Customers can transfer money easily using the GTBank transfer code. It’s possible to either transfer money from one gtbank account to another gtbank account with your mobile phone number that is registered with GTB
You can transfer money from your account to another account using this procedure;
Dial this code: *737*1*Amount*Recipient GTBank Account Number#
You will be required to provide the last 4 digits of your debit card to complete the transaction.
Also, when transferring money from GTBank to other banks in Nigeria apply this simple and easy method
Dial this code: *737*2*Amount*Recipient GTBank Account Number#
N.B: To transfer money from gtb account to another gtb account, it must be done on the sim card that is registered with GTBank for the transaction to be completed.
How to check account balance on GTB/GTBank
You can check your account balance on GTB/GTBank by merely dialing *737*6*1# using the sim card that you used to open the account.
How to transfer money from GTB account to another GTB account
Recently, GTBank launched a new mobile banking service that allows customers to transfer money from their GTBank account to another GTBank account using a USSD code from their mobile phone number linked to their account.
Customers can transfer money from GTB account to another GTB account using this simple procedure:
- Dial *737*1*Amt*NUBAN Account Number#
- Input your PIN
- You will need to provide the last four digit of your GTBank debit card
You would have to wait for few seconds for the transaction to be completed.
How to transfer money from GTB/GTBank to other banks
To be able to transfer money from GTB/GTBank to other banks through the following steps:
- Dial *737*2*Amt*The beneficiary NUBAN Account Number# from your linked mobile number
- Select the Recipient’s Bank
- Enter the last four digits of your GTBank debit card
- The account name will be shown for you to verify before completing your transaction.
How to buy airtime from GTB/GTBank
One of the services that can be performed using the GTBank USSD code is in purchasing/ buying airtime. It’s easy to complete this transaction using your mobile phone.
Customer can buy Airtime from their GTBank using the following steps:
Dial *737*Amount# on your mobile phone. For example, *737*6000#.
Your registered phone number will automatically be funded with the amount you desire.
To buy Airtime for your family member or friend,
Dial *737*Amount*Recipient’s number#. For instance, *737*1000*08123456789#.
However, the maximum limit for recharging daily is N10,000.
How to check BVN on GTB/GTBank
BVN represents bank verification number. It is an identification system which uses biometrics that was developed and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria in partnership with all other Nigerian banks to prevent illegal banking activities/transactions. The BVN is an eleven digit code that’s unique for every bank account holder in Nigeria. Moreso, you can always find-out how to check BVN for all Nigerian Banks here.
You can check BVN on GTB/GTBank by simply dialing *565*0# using the mobile phone registered with GTB.
How to check GTB/GTBank account balance on phone
You can check your GTB/GTBank account balance on your phone with the following steps:
- Simply dial *737*6*1# from your registered phone number
- You will be required to provide the last four digit of your ATM card
- Your account balance will be shown afterward.
This is the simple process to use in checking the GTB/GTBank account balance on the phone.
How to open GTB/GTBank account online
Opening an account online with GTB/GTBank is quite simply because this can be done using your smartphone or on an internet-connected computer. Here is a quick guide to open an account
- Visit the GTBank portal by clicking here. (You will be required to read about the different accounts and their necessary information).
- Next, click on the account opening web engine https://ao.gtbank.com/aowe/start
- Here you will have 2 options to choose from. i.e., Open a personal account now or Open a business account now
- Click on your preferred option (I will choose the open a personal option for this guide). After clicking, you will be redirected to a new page
- You will have 2 options again i.e., Open a new account or Open an additional account
- Click on the account type you want to open with GTBank
- BVN validation is next, click on the account type, input your BVN code if you have obtained it already or simply type 0 if you don’t, then click on the validate icon
- Input your full name, mobile phone number, and email on the new page, then click on the continue icon to proceed.
- You would have successfully opened your GTBank account online.
You will have to submit certain documents (e.g., utility bills, Valid ID card, and Passport) to complete your account opening online.
How to get my GTB/GTBank account number
I will be sharing on how GTB account holders can get their GTB/GTBank account number. You can check your GTBank NUBAN account number using the following steps.
Step 1. Send an SMS with ‘‘My Account’’ to the GTB customized number 08076665555 from the sim card linked to your GTBank account.
Step 2. An SMS that has your Account number and details will be sent to your mobile number. The NUBAN is usually 10 digits.
N.B: This service is, however, not free, as the network service provider will charge you.
You can download your high quality GTbank logo right here in jpeg/png