German Embassy in Nigeria: An Overview
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany is located at 9, Lake Maracaibo Close, off Amazon Street, Maitama, Abuja.
Headed by Birgitt Ory, the embassy provides various services such as the certification of travelling documents, refunding of German pensions, processing of visa applications, and other consular services.
German Consulate Lagos: Their Addresses
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany is located at 15 Walter Carrington Cres, Victoria Island, Lagos.
German Consulate Lagos opens on weekdays (Monday- Friday) from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm.
The Consulate General, headed by Dr. Stefan Traumann, is responsible for visa applications across the states in Nigeria.
The following states comprise the administrative district of the Consulate General- Rivers, Edo, Anambra, Abia, Cross River, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Enugu, Ebonyi, Enugu, Oyo, Imo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, and Lagos.
German Embassy in Nigeria: What Documents are Required for Visa?
Some of the documents required when applying for a visa include-
A visa application form
Two passport photographs
Valid traveling passport
School Leaving Certificates
Curriculum Vitae and Letter of motivation
Birth certificate, etc.
German Visa Appointment Booking in Nigeria
It is recommended to book an appointment in advance, due to the limited number of applicants who can be attended to on a daily basis. This method should be deployed to be admitted into the premises of the Consulate General and to avoid inconveniences.
Appointments are not required for some applicants. They include applicants on official duty and applicants for transit visas.
Applicants will be admitted into the consulate on condition that they present a complete application form along with the required documents.
The following link can be used to book a free appointment at the German Consulate: Click HERE.
- Maryam AbdulWahab is a creative writer and lifestyle blogger. She is also a graduate of Economics from Al-Hikmah University. She lives and breathes literature. When she isn’t writing prose or blog posts, she is reading a fiction work or studying events around her. She writes from Lagos, Nigeria. You can find more of her works on her website.
- Celebs & Net-Worth2020.11.15Things You Didn’t Know About Samuel Ajibola
- General2020.11.14Freedom Park Lagos: A Review
- Audit & Fintech2020.11.14IPPIS Number: A Guide
- Financial2020.11.14GIFMIS: All You Need to Know