The Bureau of Public Enterprise is a Federal Government Agency established under the Privatization and Commercialization Act of 1999. The agency was established to serve as a watchdog for Public-Private dealings.
Privatizations and liberation of critical government institutions especially those related to the infrastructure sector are among the many functions of the Bureau of Public Procurement.
The BPE has more than 43 team members apart from its over 200 private consultants. Since its inception, the Bureau of Public procurement has successfully carried out 284 successful projects.
The Bureau of Public Procurement is the implementation arm of the National Council on Privatization. However, the NCP is solely saddled with the privatization and commercialization of critical government assets.
While the Bureau of Public Procurement is the implementation arm of the National Council on Privatization, its statutory duties are beyond just selling and commercing of government assets. The BPE engages in sector reforms to make public enterprises more effective.
The Bureau of Public Procurement operates a scale the same as the other ministries, departments, and parastatals which is the consolidated salary scale for all MDAs under the Federal Civil Service Commission. The reviewed salary structure for the Bureau of Public Procurement is summarized below.
- Grade level 8 (Step 1-7) – N71,000 to N97,000
- Grade level 9 (Step 1-8) – N77,000 to N114,000
- Grade level 10 (Step 1-6) – N83,000 to N123,000
- Grade level 12 (Step 1-8) – N88,000 to N127,000
- Grade level 13 (Step 1-8) – N114,000 to N138,000
- Grade level 14 (Step 1-6) – N125,000 to N175,000
- Grade level 15 (Step 1-6) – N213,000 to N237,000
- Grade level 16 (Step 1-5) – N268,000 to N275,000
- Grade level 17 (Step 1-5) – N491,000 to N592,000
BPE Allowances and other Benefits
Apart from their basic salaries, staffs of the Bureau of Public Procurement enjoy several incentives such as;
Health Insurance: Each staff of the agency is covered by the National Health Insurance Scheme.
Travel allowance: Staffs of the Bureau of Procurement travel most of the times for monitoring and evaluation, and each trip comes with a handsome allowance for Air tickets and accommodation in choice hotels.
Housing Allowance: The National Housing Scheme was launched to provide affordable housing to public servants, each staff member of BPE is entitled to a housing unit upon subscription into the housing scheme.
Annual leave: Just as other ministries and agencies, staffs of the Bureau of Public Procurement have an option to go for a paid annual leave for 21 days.
The Bureau of Public Procurement has various departments and units which help in running the day-to-day activities of the agency. The departments are:
- FINANCE AND GENERAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- Energy Department
- DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTIONS AND NATURAL RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
- INFRASTRUCTURE AND PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (I&PPP) DEPARTMENT
- POST TRANSACTION MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
- INDUSTRIES AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
- Human Resource & General Administration
The management team represents the highest decision-making body of the agency. The management is responsible for making decisions that affect day to day activities of the agency. Apart from that, the management team also work together to ensure that government policies are properly implemented. The management team for the Bureau of Public Procurement include:
1. ALEX OKOH
2. YUNANA JACKDELL MALO
DIRECTOR, ENERGY DEPARTMENT
3. IGNATIUS O. AYEWOH
DIRECTOR, FINANCE AND GENERAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
4. MALLAM AUDU UBA MOHAMMED
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTIONS AND NATURAL RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
5. AMAECHI CHRISTIAN ALOKE
DIRECTOR, INFRASTRUCTURE AND PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (I&PPP) DEPARTMENT
6. Toibudeen Oduniyi
DIRECTOR, POST TRANSACTION MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
7. LARAI AHMED BODE
Human Resource & General Administration
- Fishon Amos writes on Education, Rankings, Wealth, Technology, Politics and others with Explain.com.ng. He has published several articles online and hopes to keep educating people through his writings. When he is not writing, he plays chess and listen to crime Podcasts on Spotify.
- World2021.12.02Nigeria vs Washington DC [Accurate Size Comparison]
- Govt. Agencies2021.12.02[TRUSTED] NACA Salary structure (National Agency for the Control of AIDS)
- Govt. Agencies2021.12.02[VERIFIED] NOSDRA salary structure (National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency)
- Govt. Agencies2021.12.02[VERIFIED] NIWA salary structure [National Inland Waterways Authority]