TESCOM. What do they do?
TESCOM is an organization of trained personnel charged with post-primary teacher training. The organized body oversees the training, discipline, and conditions of teachers during service and retirement. They are employed in states to coordinate the employment process.
Lagos state post-primary teaching service commission is a body charged with the recruitment, welfare, and oversee of staff of the state’s teaching service.
TESCOM Lagos recruitment
Applications can be completed through the official Lagos tescom recruitment portal
Objectives of TESCOM Lagos
- Facilitate promotion for qualified staff
- Seamless career progression of teaching and non-teaching staff in line with extant Lagos State Establishment guidelines.
- Support the recruitment of suitable personnel into Lagos State PP-Teaching Service.
- Meet the training needs of Lagos State Post-Primary Teaching Service Staff for quality performance and students’ outcomes.
- Build and sustain a well-motivated Post-Primary Teaching service.
- To strengthen TEPO’s financial management system.
- To revitalize human resources management systems to promote productivity.
- To improve procurement processes in line with state legislation/guidelines.
- Foster interaction between training needs and the impact of training programs.
Ondo state TESCOM recruitment portal
The Ondo State Teaching Service Commission is responsible for the appointment, confirmation of appointment, re-absorption, promotion, postings, transfer, discipline, retirement, pension, loan, and termination of the appointment of staff in the State Teaching Service Ondo State will most probably conduct this exercise. To complete the application for Ondo state TESCOM, visit the SUBEB recruitment portal
All prospective applicants are required to possess the following:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) credits including English and Mathematics
- Evidence of Change of Name (if applicable)
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
- Birth Certificate (the National Population Commission) or Affidavit of Declaration of Age
- Primary School Leaving Certificate/Testimonial
- Local Government Identification
Oyo state TESCOM
Oyo State Post Primary Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) was established by Oyo State in 1992 as a sub-division of the defunct Central Schools Board (CSB) to coordinate and oversee the recruitment and management of Human Resource of Post Primary Schools in Oyo State. The Commission is directly responsible to the Executive Governor of the State through its Executive Chairman. The TESCOM body has been charged with the responsibilities of recruitment, confirmation, re-absorption, promotion, discipline, and retirement of appointed staffs of the state teaching service.
Some functions of Oyo state TESCOM
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date Staff records for the teaching service;
- The welfare of staff and providing training programs for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff.
- Placement on appropriate salary scales by the uniform guidelines existing in the nationally approved Scheme of Service.
- Prepare Annual Estimates and Establishment proposals for the teaching Service.
- Review and propose modifications in the operational method and organizational structure of the State teaching service regularly.
Oyo state TESCOM is structured to operate through six (6) Zonal offices, which are;
- Ibadan I (Leaf-Road Zone)
- Ibadan II (Moniya Zone)
- Oyo Zone
- Ogbomoso Zone
- Saki Zone
- Eruwa Zone
Each of these Zonal offices is headed by Zonal Head.