Nigeria Immigration Service
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) was extricated from the Nigeria Police (NP) in August 1958. It was around then referred to as the Immigration Department and headed by the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO). It was established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 171, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria) on August 1, 1963, when Alhaji Shehu Shagari was the Minister of Internal Affairs (a position currently known as Minister of Interior). The Service has from 1963 been restructured to oversee current movement under worldwide, provincial, and sub-local political arrangements.
How to Apply for Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2021/2022
The following are the steps to follow while applying for NIS:
- Log on to the recruitment portal www.immigrationrecruitment.org.ng
- Select your preferred Cadre: Superintendent, Inspectorate, or Assistant Cadre
- Read and comprehend Job function required to make sure that you are qualified and afterward continue by clicking ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’
- Complete the recruitment structure by choosing your job function and fundamental information
- Click and read through the Terms and Conditions on the link given and check the box beside the link to confirm that you have read and understood the terms. At that point confirm you are not a robot and click the APPLY button.
- Go to your email and click the confirmation interface shipped off you to affirm your account
- You will be redirected to a login page. Sign in with your email and password to access your dashboard and start your application
Complete every single applicable field. You won’t be permitted to progress to the next page if you don’t fill all the necessary fields in this part. Upload your new passport which should meet the following particulars:
- A JPG, JPEG, PNG picture document.
- Maximum file size of 200KB.
- should be at least 600 x 600 pixels
- If it’s a scanned photo, crop the picture to show just your head and shoulders before you transfer it.
- Select your Physical ability status input your NYSC certificate number and year of completion in the fields gave, selects your preferred method of identification, and input your stature and chest measurement in two decimal places.
- Upload Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age, Health certificate, Indigene authentication, and documents as they apply to you.
- Documents should not be more than 200kb and should be in PDF format.
To read more about the Nigeria Immigration Sercive Recruitment, click this.
Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2020 Shortlist
In a public statement endorsed by the Secretary to the Board of Civil Defense, Correctional Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB), Mallam Al-Hassan S. Yakmut, the inclination test has been scheduled to hang on the seventh and 18th of December, 2020.
The Civil Defense, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB) wishes to educate the overall population that the Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT) for recruitment into the NIS will hold on the 7 of December 2020 while that of NSCDC will hang on the 8 December 2020 in the 36 States of the federation and FCT.
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Training
Preparing for a career as an immigration official is broad and assorted, with expansive points going from customer care to considerably more particular and specific information in subjects like the legalities of immigration, naturalization, interacting with different individuals of various cultural background, identifying, rights for individuals throughout the world and refuge in the United States, just to begin. This training also delves into numerous responsibilities, tasks, and duties that are important for these careers. Activities of immigration officials include everything from assessing applications from migrant hopefuls to conducting details background investigations. To known more about the training, click this
How Long Does Nigeria Immigration Training Last?
Nigeria Immigration service people are trained to help migration either out of the country or into the country. The career requires adequate information, ability to learn, and subsequently need about 6 months for personnel to be completely trained before they are posted on their respective station.