Energy commission of Nigeria: History and background
The Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN) was established by Act No. 62 of 1979, as amended by Act No. 32 of 1988 and Act No. 19 of 1989, with the statutory mandate for the strategic planning and co-ordination of national policies in the field of Energy in all its ramifications. By the Mandate, the ECN is the apex government organ empowered to carry out overall energy sector planning and policy implementation, promote the diversification of the energy resources.
The primary objective of the organization are listed as follows;
- Serve as a center for gathering and dissemination of information relating to national policy in the field of Energy development;
- Serve as a center for solving any inter-related technical problems that may arise in the implementation of any policy relating to the field of energy;
- Advise the government of the Federation or a State on questions relating to such aspect of energy and funding as the Government of the Federation or a State may from time to time refer to it;
- Prepare, after consultation with such agencies of government whose functions relates to the field of energy development or supply as the Commission considered appropriate, periodic master plans for the balanced and coordinated development of energy in Nigeria and such plans shall include recommendations for the exploitation of new sources of energy.
- Liaise with all international organizations on energy matters such as the International Atomic Energy Agency, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), World Energy Council (WEC) and other similar organizations.
Energy commission of Nigeria salary
The energy commission of Nigeria has a defined salary structure. The structure is level-graded. For the entry level officers that are placed on level 8, a salary of N120,000 is paid.
Energy commission of Nigeria recruitment
The recruitment process of the Energy commission of Nigeria (See the oil and gas recruitment agencies in Nigeria) is merit-based. The form of application has no defined opening, rather vacancies are announced through media outlets and newspapers. Interested applicants can apply through the official website.
Energy commission of Nigeria address
Energy Commission of Nigeria Headquarters:
Plot 701C, Behind National Mosque
Central Business District
P.M.B. 358 Garki, FCT-Abuja.
Energy commission of Nigeria logo
Energy commission of Nigeria act
The energy commission of Nigeria act represent the mandate to establish the Energy commission of Nigeria and to charge it with responsibility for coordinating and general surveillance over the systematic development of the various resources of Nigeria.
Through the Mandate, the ECN is the apex government organ empowered to carry out overall energy sector planning and policy implementation, promote the diversification of the energy resources through the development and optimal utilization of all, including the introduction of new and alternative Energy resources like Solar, Wind, Biomass and Nuclear Energy.
Energy commission of Nigeria gifmis code
GIFMIS is an acronym for Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS).
It is a technology-based system whereby dues or payment is made directly into the account of the Federal Government in order to reduce the loopholes and reduce corruption to the barest minimum. Energy commission of Nigeria has a gifmis code of 0228073001
Energy commission of Nigeria bill
The energy commission of Nigeria bill is yet to be passed. Although the bill has passed its first hearing, a second hearing is yet to be passed. To track the bill status, click here.
- I am a content strategist, conversational copywriter, and brand consultant with over 2years of experience. I help brands reach their target audience through SEO articles and creative content that align with industry needs. I love cryptocurrencies, so I show it by writing. I possess 2years+ of experience in coordinating campaigns for brands through Email marketing and social media content creation. A firm believer that beauty lies in simplicity setting precedence for my close working activity as a UX writer with several product designers to create effective UI/UX.