Sterling bank Internet banking. A comprehensive review
In recent times, Internet banking has become more popular among bank account holders in Nigeria. The popularity of internet banking is a result of its speed. Whereas you need to spend few hours at the ATM, internet banking ensures that transactions are carried out in minutes.
Sterling bank is one of the leading commercial banks in the country. Also, it has a strong capital base which allows it to cater to the needs of numerous customers within the country.
If you are reading this and you don’t have any idea how Internet banking on the sterling bank platform works, this post will give you all the necessary details. Here, we shall introduce you to all the vital steps you need to take.
Advantages of internet banking
The advantages provided by advanced web services and mobile applications as well as online banking have been on the rise. However, the recent pandemic has made it even more appealing to business owners and customers. Advantages of internet banking include,
- Tax and bill payments
- Cash transfers between customers of the sterling bank and with those of other banks.
- Internet banking allows you to make deposited both to your personal accounts or to your company’s account.
- Customers can open accounts through internet banking as well.
- Also, you can apply for loans, check the status of your loans, and receive loans through internet banking.
- You can deposit cheques as well.
sterling bank logo
To carry out internet banking, you can use either a computer or sterling bank mobile application. However, you need to have a bank account, a password that is secured, and a reliable internet connection. These three things will enable you to access your account from any part of the world.
How to register on sterling bank online banking
The first step you need to take is to register for sterling bank online banking services. Before you register for the internet services of the bank, you need to visit the official website.
After launching the website, you will see an option for new visitors that displays ” sign up”. Afterward, click it and you will ass two options on your screen. However, if you have a Sterling bank account, choose the opportunity on the left side of the screen.
Then, you need to type your account number and the subsequent instructions to finalize the registration process. Perhaps you can’t remember your account number, dial *822*8# from the same phone number you registered your account with at the bank. After you dial the number, you will receive a text message with your account details.
For those who don’t have an account with Sterling bank, choose the option on the right of the website and type your Bank Verification Number (BVN) as well as your date of birth and follow all the instructions listed on the website to finalize the registration process.
However, if you can’t remember your BVN, dial *560*0#, and you will see the number. When you are through with your registration, check your email address. You will see an email from the bank confirming the registration.
The next thing for you to do is to log in using the user name you created and password. Afterward, perform vital operations.
How you can use the sterling bank online banking platform?
After concluding your registration, you can use the platform to perform various transactions. These transactions include,
- Fund transfers using your ATM cards.
- Fast cash withdrawals, and easy balance checks.
- You can make online payments within Nigeria as well as shop online.
- Make payments for DSTV, data, and airtime.
All these alternatives are seen in your dashboard. Choose the one you want and follow the instructions on your screen to finalize the operation.
Steps on how to use Sterling bank application
For those that don’t have a computer system, but desire to access the full services provided by Sterling bank Internet banking option, the bank app is your best option. The mobile application renders gives users the same options you will find on the computer, and it is more convenient.
For those using an Android phone, you can search for Sterling bank’s OnePay in your play store. It is also available in the Apple store with the same name. The bank mobile app gives you total access to your account at any time of the day. For more information about the sterling bank mobile app click here.
- John Aina Ajibola has a Masters degree as an engineer and has over 3 years of teaching and research experience. He is happiest when on a bike and is also interested in electric energy and computer Science.
- Celebs & Net-Worth2023.03.16Why do Nigerian ladies bleach? [A honest take]
- World2023.01.31Why do Nigerians eat with their hands? [A thorough explanation]
- World2023.01.30Why do Nigerian names starts with OLA [A thorough explanation]
- 2023.01.26Why do Nigerian names start with Oluwa? [An exhaustive explanation]