The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is the board that is responsible for entrance examinations into Nigerian tertiary institutions. Prospective undergraduates seeking admission into any Nigerian universities must have to undergo the annual entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations organized by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board. They are also responsible for administering entrance examinations for candidates that want to gain admission into any polytechnic, monotechnics, and colleges of educations in the country.
The current head (Registrar) of JAMB is Prof. Is-haq Olanrewaju Oloyede, who was appointed into office in August 2016. Meanwhile, you can visit the official website of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board by clicking here
What you need to know about JAMB results checking and printing
In this section of the article, I will be sharing with you a step by step guide on how to go about the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) result checking and printing.
Usually, the JAMB results upload takes place after the examinations has been written nationwide. To take part in the examination, each prospective student must first register for the examination on the JAMB portal before the stipulated end of the registration. Every detail regarding the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Boards registrations can be found by visiting the JAMB Portal using this link
Checking and printing of JAMB results is a simple process; you would have to do only 2 steps, they include
- Visit the JAMB result checking homepage. You will have to provide registration number or email in the space provided.
- Select on the check JAMB result icon, after the result has been displayed you can click on print.
Recently, the board also created a medium through which prospective students can check their JAMB result by simply texting RESULT to 55019 from the exact phone number that was used during registration. Although, you must have at least N50 in your recharge balance to be able to access this service.
How long does a jamb result last/for how long is a JAMB result valid?
As the time for registration & examination for 2019/2020 JAMB is getting closer, many JAMB candidates have been seeking answers to this question: how long is JAMB result valid?
Well, in this section of the article, I will be providing you with answers to the question.
In 2016, there was news all over the internet that JAMB result is now valid for 3 years when the Nigerian senate led by Senator Bukola Saraki, passed the JAMB Act Amendment Bill 2016 (SB. 245) after it was read for the third time and passed. However, this bill hasn’t yet still be implemented by the federal government.
JAMB result is valid for one year pending the time bill is been implemented into law. So, the JAMB result expiration is strictly for one year.
Can JAMB result be used twice?
JAMB results cannot be used twice since the federal government has failed to implement the JAMB Act Amendment Bill 2016. Any candidate that didn’t get admission with a particular JAMB result before the JAMB result expiration date will have to register for another JAMB examination. The JAMB result expiring date is for one year.
What can cause JAMB result delay?
Since the commencement of the CBT examination, candidates can check their result 30 minutes after finishing their exams but recently, many have experienced a delay in accessing their JAMB results. JAMB result upload is usually delayed if any of the following happens:
- When a high number of malpractices was recorded across the country, this is detected by the several CCTV cameras installed by JAMB in all CBT centers nationwide
- Cancellation of some JAMB centers all over the Nigeria
- When a new date is fixed for candidates that would require re-writing their exams (usually a new date is fixed for them).
Except any of this happens, JAMB result upload aren’t delayed or restricted from the public.
JAMB e-result checker
You can check your JAMB result by simply login to your UTME profile with your email and password, then click on the Check 2020 UTME results features on the JAMB e-facility website.
Also, you can check the JAMB result portal to check the result using the following steps:
1. Click on the Jamb result checker portal here
2. Using the space provided, input your Registration number
3. Click on the ‘‘check my result’’ icon
Your result will be displayed afterward.
JAMB awaiting result upload
During the JAMB registration for 2020/2021, Candidates without their O’level results are allowed to register for the UTME using awaiting results. However, it’s advisable that the o’level should be uploaded on the JAMB portal immediately it’s released. Most years’ deadline for candidates to upload their o’level result is usually before admission period is over, except stated otherwise by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board management.
You can upload your O’level result on the Jamb e-facility website which is database platform provided by the board for JAMB candidates to use in uploading their results. I will show you how to upload on the JAMB portal with these simple steps.
- Ensure you have scanned all your o’level result that you want to upload on the JAMB portal
- Using an internet-connected device, visit the JAMB e-facility website here
- Log onto to your JAMB profile by simply providing your password and email
- Enter the section for the uploading of o’level results on the portal, then upload the scanned documents before saving.
With these steps you would have successfully uploaded your o’ level results. Click on this link to know even more about JAMB results.
- John Aina Ajibola has a Masters degree as an engineer and has over 3 years of teaching and research experience. He is happiest when on a bike and is also interested in electric energy and computer Science.