Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa: A brief history
The Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa was established on 1st July, 1983 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The establishment of the Polytechnic was predicated on the Government’s desire to transform the society technologically. This objective is contained in the Federal Polytechnic Decree No.33 of 1979 (as amended to Federal Polytechnic Amendment Decree No. 28 of 1987), which goes thus:
- To train people to acquire technical and vocational skills which are needed for the economic and social development of Nigeria especially in the fields of agriculture, industry and commerce.
- To train and provide people who could improve the quality of the environment by applying their acquired knowledge in finding solution to our environmental problems for the convenience of members of the society.
- To provide opportunity for our students to be able to appreciate the standard of technology in all its complexities.
- To provide opportunities for professional training in engineering and other relevant technologies.
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Post UTME
- Candidates must have chosen the Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa in the 2020 UTME and scored the approved minimum cut-off points of 120 and above in the appropriate subjects
- Combination are eligible for post-UTME screening exercise to be communicated in due course.
- Application forms are obtainable at a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2, 000.00) only (excluding bank charges).
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Latest News
For up-to-date news about the Federal polytechnic Nasarawa, navigate to the “new and events “ link on the homepage or click news and events.
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Portal
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa School Fees
School of Business:
- ND I N33,900
- ND II N23,600
- HND I N34,900
- HND II N23,600.
School of Environmental Technology, Engineering, Applied sciences, Information Technology:
- Pre-ND N33,600
- NDI N37,400
- NDII N25,600
- HNDI N25,600
- HNDII N36,900
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Resumption Date
At the beginning of every session, a calendar is released to guide students on the notable dates in the consistient semester. This is pasted on every notice board around school. It is also communicated to students through the news and events portal
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Courses
School of Engineering Technology
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology with options:
Power and Machines
Electronics and Telecommunication
- Mechanical Engineering Technology with option in Manufacturing
- Agricultural Engineering Technology with options in:
School of Applied Sciences
- Science Laboratory Technology with options in:
- Applied Chemistry
- Physics Electronics
School of Information and Technology
- Computer Science
- Office Technology and Management
School of Environmental Studies
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Estate Management
School of Business studies
- Business Administration and Management.
- Banking and Finance
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Cut Off Mark
The official Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Cut-off mark in the UTME is 120. The Post-UTME cut off mark is dependent on the choice of course. However, candidates are expected to score 50 marks and above to be considered for admission.
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa HND Form
Entry Requirements for the HND program:
- National Diploma (ND) in the relevant fields from recognized Polytechnics with at least Lower Credit
- Five (5) credits in GCE O’Level, SSCE or its equivalent in relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language
- Minimum of 1year post qualification industrial attachment.
Method of Application
- Application forms are obtainable at a non-refundable fee of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only for HND
- Visit the Polytechnic admissions portal to create an application profile
- Shortlisted candidates are contacted through their provided mail
Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Online Application
- Log in through the School Website/portal at fedpolynas.edu.ng
- After successful completion of the application form, then the Candidates should proceed to click on ‘Pay Screening Fee’ from their profile and make the 2,000 payment for the online screening exercise in compliance with COVID-19 procedures for social distancing.
- After a successful payment, the potential candidates should also follow the online step by step screening stages to enter your subject’s combination, O’Level and scratch card details
- Note: Potential Candidates must enter valid scratch card pin for the system to verify O’Level qualification, otherwise your admission would not be considered. If you combined two O’Level results then you have to supply two scratch cards.
- After successful Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Online Screening, the Polytechnic would notify you of your admission status.