In 2005, the National Orientation Agency( NOA) of Nigeria was established. Some preceding goals were laid down in the Decree 100 of 1993. Right from its establishment, the NOA has been more concerned with matters relating to communination in the country. That’s not all, it intervene in national electoral issues as well as health matters.
Dr. Mike Omeri was appointed as the Director-General of the agency in 2012. A recent record revealed that the NOA was able to reach at least 63% of the population in Nigeria.
Functions of national orientation agency
The National Orientation Agency of Nigeria plays a lot of roles in the country. Its functions are listed below:
- To inform and educate the public about government policies, programmes, and activities.
- It mobilizes Nigerians to identify and use positive patriotic participation in national affairs. The agency informs and engages the people on to defend themselves against any form of domination of resources that groups or a few individuals will want to take advantage of.
- It collates, analyses, and offers be feedbacks on issues relating to government b programmes, activities and policies from the public.
- NOA engenders favorable support and opinion for government activities, policies and programmes from the general public.
- The Agency exposes the people to the values and norms of democracy by establishing social institutions as well as framework that promotes a progressive, disciplined, united, and virile society.
- It helps Nigerians have a sense of consciousness. It also fosters the awareness of the people and their legitimate rights, privileges, and obligations as citizens of the nation.
- The agency re-orientates the people Nigerians power matters, the use of power, and the role of the government in serving the collective interest of Nigerians.
- NOA instills a sense of responsibility in oder to eschew vices in the public life. Vices like dishonesty, religious bigotry, corruption, and others are addressed.
- The agency also stimulates and engenders dignity of labour, honesty, and the production and consumption of local services and products.
National orientation agency act
The National Orientation Agency Act 1993 No. 100 is an act that stipulates the establishment of the agency. This Act gives the NOA the responsibility re-orientate and encourage Nigerians to be freely active the discussions and the decision making process which affects their collective welfare and other relating issues/interests.
National orientation agency salary
The average salary for new level entry at the National Orientation Agency of Nigeria is N80,000. The data was collated by some of the agency’s staff.
National orientation agency state offices
There are several offices of NOA across Nigeria. Some of them are listed below:
National Orientation Agency, Government Office (Ikeja) – Ikeja, Lagos State.
Phone: +234 1 475 7412.
National Orientation Agency, Corporate Office (Edo – No. 39, Boundary Rd, GRA, PMB 1249, Benin City, Edo State.
National Orientation Agency, Government Office (Ibadan) – No. 3, Biladu Street, Ibadan, Ibadan North, Oyo State.
Phone: +234 1 475 7412.
National Orientation Agency, Corporate Office (Abuja) – Block B, Federal Secretariat Complex, Area 1, Garki Abuja.
Phone: +234 9 873 3309.
National Orientation Agency, Corporate Office (Owerri) – Okigwe Rd. secretariat, (Beside Civil Defence Headquarters), Owerri, Imo State.
Phone: +234 802 374 5127.
National Orientation Agency, Federal Government Office (Enugu) – 3a Independence Ave, Independence Layout, Behind Roban Stores, Enugu State.
Phone: +234 42 310 010.
National orientation agency recruitment
The application form for NOA’s 2021 Recruitment is out.
NOA Recruitment Requirements
Both male and female may apply.
Geographical mobility. Both within and outside the country.
Applicants must not be above 50 years of age.
Computer literacy is a must.
A minimum of five credits is in any of WASC, SSCE, and GCE. English Language and Mathematics must be included, plus any other three relevant subjects. This must be obtained at one sitting.
A Bachelor’s Degree. The minimum requirement here is Second Class Honors (Lower Division). It can be from any science discipline.
A Master’s Degree in any science discipline.
Discharge Certificate from NYSC.
National orientation agency recruitment 2020
To apply for the National Orientation Agency’s 2020 Recruitment, you can visit the official website of the agency at http://www.noa.gov.ng.
You can always visit the website for regular updates concerning NOA.
National orientation agency logo
National orientation meaning
The National Orientation Agency of Nigeria is one of the government agencies in the country which is tasked with communicating government policy, keeping updates with public opinion, and the promotion patriotism, development, as well as the national unity in Nigeria.