Ultimate Guide to the Akwa Ibom state university (AKSU)
Brief history of AKSU
Akwa Ibom state university was established by the Akwa Ibom state government. It receives its funding and management from the state. The concept of Akwa Ibom State University started in October, 2000, when the State Government inaugurated a Committee for its establishment. The Committee which consisted of academicians, technical experts and professionals submitted an interim report to the then State Governor in April 2001 and a final report in September, 2001. The result fostered the creation of this university.
Akwa Ibom State University is a conventional, multi-campus institution. The main campus is located at Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin Local Government Area. It adjoins the confluence of Ikot Akpaden – Eastern Obolo road and Eket – Ikot Abasi highway. The next campus is located at Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam Local Government Area, along Abak – Ikot Okoro Road.
The university opened its doors to its pioneer students in the 2010/2011 academic year. The current vice Chancellor of the University is Professor Eno J. Ibanga.
AKSU Contact Information ( AKSU email address and website)
Mail and enquiries: [email protected]
AKSU school fees
The school Fees For indigenes and non-indigenes of AKSU for the 2020/2021 academic session are N53,000 and N73,000, respectively.
AKSU school fees: How to pay
- Visit portal.aksu.edu.ng
- Enter your JAMB registration number and the Access Code written on the Bio data form on the student login panel.
- Navigate to payment to proceed. Select level, then semester and click “pay”
- Select payment platform by clicking “bank”
- Print the pre-analysis and proceed to any commercial bank to make payment for school fees, using eTranzact platform.
AKSU Courses and Faculties
- Faculty of Engineering
Marine/Naval Architecture Engineering
- Faculty of Physical science
Mathematics and Statistics
- Faculty of Biological sciences
Genetics and Biotechnology
- Faculty of Education
Integrated Science Education
- Faculty of Agriculture
Agricultural Economic and Extension
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
English and Literary Studies
Religious and Cultural Studies
Performing Art(Theater Art)
History and international studies
- Faculty of Management Science
AKSU portal: how to access it
Simply navigate to “portal” on the homepage or follow this link:
AKSU Acceptance Fee Payment amount
AKSU acceptance fee is N30,000 (thirty thousand naira only).
AKSU portal: How to register
- Visit http://www.portal.aksu.edu.ng
- Click “Register Now”
- Navigate to “Admission”.
- Then select “Bio Data”.
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number and click “Verify”.
- Select the “click to make payment link” option on the right side of the page
- Print the pre-analysis slip and take the slip to the Bank. Please, note that all payment should be made through the e-tranzact platform.
AKSU Admission requirements for UTME
- Minimum of Credit passes in Five (5) subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level and any other equivalent examinations.
- UTME scores of at least 180 and above (subject to change).
- Post-UTME screening score of not less than 180 (subject to change).
- In addition to the above, candidates must make Akwa Ibom State University 1st choice to qualify to write the Post-UTME Screening Test.
- Candidates who score less than 180 at the Post-UTME screening test are not eligible for admission into any programme in AKSU irrespective of any higher scores obtained at UTME.
- For final selection into programmes, the candidate’s average scores from the UTME and Post-UTME screening Tests are used.
Note: The cut-off point for admission varies from one programme to another.
AKSU Direct Entry
- Minimum of credit passes in five subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification.
- Either A’ levels, OND or NCE in relevant subject areas.
- An acceptable score in the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
- Final selection is based on a combination of the candidate’s certificates and score in the direct entry screening test.
Post Graduate Programme in AKSU
The main objective of the AKSU School of Postgraduate Studies is to provide a conducive environment for teaching and learning, basic and applied research, creativity and innovation and thus improve the ranking of Akwa Ibom State Universit (Check out the best State Universities in Nigeria).
How to Apply AKSU Postgraduate Programmes
Application forms can be accessed online on payment of N15,000.00 (fifteen thousand naira) only. The following steps should be followed:
- Click on “apply”
- Select the Postgraduate Programme Link
- Choose a mode Payment
- Proceed to pay through the eTranzact platform in any bank.
The Akwa ibom university recruits qualified individuals when needed. However, in times like this, necessary media outlets propagate the news. Also, the school’s homepage is a place to locate any news on recruitment of academic and non academic staffs into the school’s workforce.
- John Aina Ajibola has a Masters degree as an engineer and has over 3 years of teaching and research experience. He is happiest when on a bike and is also interested in electric energy and computer Science.